Friday 3 March 2017

Archery


 
For parents and other adults who frequent toy shops with their kids, you may have seen the incremental innovation of the Nerf Gun. It started out some years ago as a small handgun and some Christmases ago, I saw an advertisement of it as a refined bow and arrow. Matthew was watching television with me at the time and his exact words were “how cool”. That Christmas it found its way under our tree.  Needless to say all objects in the house became target practice.
 
 A few months ago I ran into a friend who casually mentioned her daughter was doing archery classes after school. I was not aware that this was offered in Trinidad and started researching.  There are five clubs in Trinidad and Tobago and the Trinidad and Tobago Target Archery Federation is the National Governing Body for the sport of archery in Trinidad and Tobago.

Focus and Self-Discipline

When archers make mistakes, they are taught that the solution is to analyze their steps and focus on improving one thing at a time. This is a great recipe for success on the archery field, in the classroom, and in life.
 
The link below shows all clubs available in Trinidad and Tobago


Do you comfortable with kids learning this skill?


2 comments:

  1. Are the arrows very sharp? This seems to dangerous to keep at home as part of sport gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know there were so many archery opportunities in Trinidad! I'm very excited to take my little cousins (and probably try it myself).

    ReplyDelete